In order to donate, our friendly staff will need a few documents to initiate the process. Be sure to bring a state-issued ID, like a driver’s license, proof of your social security number, and proof of your address. Once these materials are in hand, most adults between the ages of 18 and 65 who weigh at least 110 pounds and are in basic good health are eligible to donate plasma. However, some factors which may exclude you from donating include:
- Lack of proper identification
- History of hepatitis or HIV
- Excessive body piercings or tattoos within the last 12 months
- Prolonged residency in Europe
- History of cancer
- Suspicion of recent ingestion of drugs or alcohol. You must be sober to donate.
- Eating fatty foods for at least 24 hours prior.